Discover CCS

HISTORY

Our roots can be traced to the early 1950’s, when a group of Dutch immigrants who had settled in the area desired to have their children educated in a school that was founded on the Word of God. It took several years, but Chatham Christian School first opened it’s doors in 1957 with 93 students in a three room school house.

Determined to provide Christian education for as many children as possible, supporters moved forward in faith during the next five decades with expansions and improvements. Additions were made to that building in 1960, 1964, and 1969. A second property was purchased in 1968 and the High School opened in 1970 with Grades 9 and 10. The first Grade 12 class graduated from Chatham Christian High School in 1977, and in 1978 gymnasiums were added to both facilities. Enrolment continued to increase, and by 1997 it became apparent that more space was needed. A decision was made to build a brand new facility rather than attempt to upgrade and enlarge the existing buildings. A major capital campaign was launched and in September, 1999, the doors were opened to a new school that houses Kindergarten through Grade 12.

The theme for that campaign, "Building in Faith - for Him" was based on Eph. 3:20, 21, "God can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us. To Him be glory." God has truly done much more than we ever imagined and enrolment increased so dramatically during the next four years that it became necessary to put an addition on the new facility. This addition included five classrooms, a second computer lab, and a worship centre that is used for chapels and assemblies, choir, drama and band practices, as well as various performances produced by both schools.

The Lord has richly blessed Chatham Christian Schools over the years and we have faith that he will add to our growing list of graduates who have received a Christ-centred education and who will serve Christ in whatever area they find themselves.

CCS-Exterior

ccs170